EXCELL foresees the collaboration of academics from 4 European countries (Hungary, Germany, UK, Belgium) in the multidisciplinary topic of Big Data Applications for Cyber-Physical Systems in Production and Logistics Networks.
The main scientific and innovation focus of EXCELL was devised both from world-wide tendencies and local requirements (expressed by the regional smart specialization strategies-S3), departing from the present competences of the cooperating partners (SZTAKI, Fraunhofer-FIT, Aston and KU Leuven).
Main project actions focus on:
- Knowledge acceleration through transnational secondments and training sessions in 8 selected Priority Research Fields (PRFs) and 6 Complementary Skills,
- Supporting exploitation of research results and user-driven innovation,
- Augmenting scientific impact actions through key publications and active participation in the scientific discourse,
- Dissemination and sustainable innovation.
The 8 PRFs are:
- PRF1: Cyber-Physical Systems and Human System Interaction
- PRF2: Business-based Internet of Things and Services
- PRF3: Next-generation Authentication and Authorization Solutions
- PRF4: Enhanced Context-aware Services
- PRF5: Cognitive modelling and social networking approaches
- PRF6: Data mining
- PRF7: Data interoperability
- PRF8: Tracking and tracing
The 6 Complementary Skills that are the subject of training actions include:
- Technology transfer and results deployment to industry,
- Emotional intelligence,
- Motivating others,
- Personal impact,
- Stress management for managers, and
- Hands-on experience by using and contributing to software tools.